The NABU Detectives have started pre-trial investigations of 88 cases. 14 persons were given notices of suspicion of committing corruption crimes. Indictments as of 7 persons within 4 cases were sent to court. These are the results of the NABU activities as of July 2020.
Among persons exposed on corruption there are:
- a criminal group headed by the Former Acting Head of the State Road Agency of Ukraine (Ukravtodor), which aimed to receive improper advantage from road management companies;
- the former officials of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine and the representatives of a private company, exposed on abuses during the arrangement of the Shyrokyi Lan military range in Mykolayiv Oblast;
- five persons, who organized a corrupt scheme of purchasing uninhabitable apartments for the National Guard of Ukraine (NGU) members.
NABU and SAPO gave notices of suspicion to abovementioned persons.
Also, in July notices of suspicion were given to:
- the Former Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources in the administration of former President Viktor Yanukovych, who suspected of organizing of attempt to bribe the NABU and SAPO executives. In exchange for the improper advantage, the officials had to terminate the case in which the ex-Minister of Ecology is a suspect – Part 3 Article 27, Part 4 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- 12 persons, including the Head of the Kyiv District Administrative Court and the Head of the State Judicial Administration of Ukraine, who planned to seize state power – Part 1 Article 255, Part 3 Article 27, Part 1 Article 109, Part 2 Article 369-2, Part 2 Article 344, Part 2 Article 344 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- a person, who tried to give an improper advantage in the amount of USD 800 thousand to the Head of the State Property Fund of Ukraine – Part 2 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- the Former First Deputy Head of the State Agency for Fisheries of Ukraine, who suspected of submitting a false data to e-declarations – Article 366-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
In addition, the NABU Detectives completed investigations as of number of criminal proceedings. Among the cases there are:
- misappropriation of a large batch of tobacco products, seized from illegal turnover by the officials of the National Police of Ukraine in Odesa Oblast;
- abuse of office by the Director and Deputy Director of the Marine Search and Rescue Service State Enterprise;
- embezzlement UAH 2.87 million allocated for the construction of strongholds in the Joint Forces Operation area;
- an attempt to seize by deception (fraud) USD 300 thousand by official of the Presidential Office.
NABU and SAPO sent to court a number of indictments. Among accused persons there are:
- the Acting Head of the Main Department of the Regional State Tax Service of Ukraine (STSU) and her Deputy, who offered the Head of the structural unit of the regional Prosecutor’s Office to provide him USD 25 thousand of improper advantage on a monthly basis – Part 3 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- the Head, the Deputy Head of Berdyansk Branch Office of the Ukrainian Sea Ports Authoruty SE and the Head of the private company, who suspected of UAH 2.49 million public funds embezzlement of the USPA SE – Part 2 Article 28, Part 2 Article 364, Part 1 Article 366 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
NABU and SAPO prevented the sale of 1845 tons of rutile illegally transferred to a foreign company. As a result causing UAH 52 million losses to the United Mining and Chemical Company was prevented.
According to the Article 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine a person is considered not-guilty in commission of crime and cannot be a subject to criminal punishment, until he or she is found guilty by the court.
The post 88 new cases, 14 notices of suspicion – NABU results in July 2020 appeared first on Інформаційний портал “СтопКор”.